Sunday, 17 November 2013

Age in Hours

By the end of today I will have completed 10,666 24-hour cycles, making me around 255,984 hours old!
Our son is just 4,890 hours old!
He was born at 9:48 AM on Sunday 28 April, 2013, after 12 hours of labour.

In the next episode, we'll calculate our ages in minutes ... fasten your seatbelts!


Hugh Laurie: : So let's talk instead about flexibility of language - um, linguistic elasticity, if you'd like.
Stephen Fry:: Yes, I think that I've said earlier that our language, English -
L: As spoken by us.
F: As we speak it, yes, certainly, defines us. We are defined by our language, if you will.
L: [to screen] Hello. We're talking about language!

One of my early memories is of watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie with my dad. I didn't understand it, of course, but I remember it vividly. I would fall asleep, and then Dad would give me a classic fireman's lift up the stairs to Bedfordshire LOL I would be almost asleep, but I remember how comfortable it was on his shoulder!